A Travellerspoint blog


sunny 0 °C

The graduation itself drew out the best in everyone and for once I really felt connected to those I'd been with for the past four months of my life.

The significant part of the evening was at the very end when we were handed our certificates and had a brief moment with the pastors on the school as they affirmed and prayed us out. I physically felt a transition from Lost Glory to glory itself. A feeling of going from new to new as I continue my adventure: gradually feeling less and less comfortable, but in doing so, feeling that much more connected with God. It's a time for new beginnings and re-evaluation.

There was a weight on me before the evening even got underway, to make decisions as to what my next steps would be here in the States. In actual fact, I wasn't at all anxious about performing on the night because my mind was so preoccupied with this other issue. I knew that in my heart I was determined to go on the Summer of Love tour and I knew it would be a major opportunity not to be missed: not only due to the quality of the company I would be with, but the fact I'd be seeing fresh parts of the country and make my trip the most worthwhile. After all, I am currently a "tourist" (according to my VISA).

It must have been God because I had got to the point of indecision and double-mindedness. I was still awaiting Justin's word to see if his mom would allow me to stay at his house for a few days, then there were the other two routes I could take: one, go to Chicago to stay with the Stephens family or, two, stick with the original plan and go back to Atlanta to stay with the DuPlooys (the family I'd stayed with for the first two weeks here in the States). Then, of course, in the back of my mind I knew I could possibly just stay at the Heritage campus - either in my existing cabin, or find a bunk in the guy's cabin. So, what happened is, we'd been awarded and applauded and then we were left to disperse at our own accord. Just as I was about to do so, Nathan approached me and said that he's spoken to his mom about the possibility of me having a place to stay at the guys' cabin and she had said there was a bunkbed available! I was taken aback that I'd just had a solution given to me on a silver plate. I was used to all the grief in organising all of the fine detail and had a huge sigh of relief because I knew this was an immediate offer.

After the good news, a few of us gathered to discuss where we should go for our final evening out as a group and we ended up at Carmeillas Pizza. It was an alright evening, a bit strange - I didn't feel so grieved as a lot of the others seemed to be.

And that was it! There were a few hugs and a few goodbyes but we knew that it would only be until the following morning that we'd have to say the final goodbyes. I actually saw Carol on Sunday and Robbie two or three Sundays later. As for the Clohans, (a family I've had to learn to love and make time for) they had showed up at Graham and Pat's old cabin with nothing other than a removals van and had made a botanical garden on the front porch. Apparently it was a temporary stay before they would move into their new home in Regent Park (Fort Mill).

My mind was now focused and eagerly anticipating what my time with the Cause would consist of - I obviously had The Call and the Summer of Love tour to look forward to, but there were some unknowns, such as: would I be participating in The Cause's schedule or just living in the cabin? Time would tell.

Posted by davidv33 00:00 Archived in USA

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint